MASTERCLASS'DRUM 'N BASS TANDEM'
Music has three principal 'sections': melody, harmony and rhythm. Generally speaking, the drummer and the bassplayer are known as the 'rhythm section'. They're not only keeping the time, they also play on or against the beat creating a skeleton of pulses and rhythmic accents. They help in understanding the other instruments and putting them in a rhythmic and a harmonic context.
The tandem masterclass is all about:
- Principle: the linear way of playing as a tandem
- Adaptability: ability to react and adapt;
- Versatility: ability to play in different styles;
- Repertoire: knowing the music you are going to perform;
- Tempo and Time Feel: good technique, know the language;
- Reading and Interpretation: ability to interpret a chart with taste and musicality.
During the tandem masterclass you're gonna work on these five qualities
of a great rhythm section player!
PRIVATE MASTERCLASS 2 hrs | 135,-
DUO MASTERCLASS 3 hrs | 120,- p.p.
The tandem masterclass is taking place in Jay-Tee's SOUND IN VISION IN SOUND recording studio in Heerhugowaard.
There's a drumkit available but you can also bring your own.
Coffee / tea / sweets included.